Story via Biff Buttler, NYC THS member
Opened as the Regent by 1913 , Grossman & Proskauer, architects, originally 732 seats. Re-named 400 in 1930, possibly to get in on the craze which featured the art deco 400 streamliner (“400 miles in 400 minutes” ) to Minneapolis on the Northwestern Railway tracks a few blocks away. Per data in the Paul R. Moore collection, Theatre Historical Society Archive.
The four-screen movie house at 6746 N. Sheridan formerly known as the Village North reopened in 2010 under new management and a new name . . .
Full Reader story: