$15K grant to aid Lamp Theatre project in Irwin
By The Tribune-Review
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
The Westmoreland Cultural Trust has received a $15,000 state grant for restoration work at the historic Lamp Theatre in downtown Irwin.
Trust President Michael Langer said the nonprofit organization is developing an action plan for resuming the renovation project, which will use the grant from the state Department of Community and Economic Development.
Work has been delayed since March because of a fire at the neighboring Irwin Hotel, which was razed earlier this year.
The Lamp opened in the late 1930s, but has been closed since 2005.
Back to headlines
More Westmoreland headlines
* Hempfield seniors’ travel plans up in air
* U.S. House to pay tribute to Murtha’s 36 years of service
* Ligonier Township Episcopalian priest’s leadership expands
* Ligonier Valley told to prepare for flooding
* 4th man in New Kensington shooting sentenced
* Tips sought in Upper Burrell mailbox explosions
* Boy, 10, hospitalized after fall from school stairwell