Become a Member
Founded in 1969 as a non-profit dedicated to celebrating the rich history of America’s historic theatres, the Theatre Historical Society of America exists today as a common ground for all who value the role of these historic structures in our social and cultural history.
Support in the form of membership helps us to document and celebrate the history of these cultural gems so it is here for future generations.
Membership dues directly support the programs of THS including support and care of our collections in the American Theatre Architecture Archive, our support of researchers and more. Every contribution to THS, no matter the size, helps us in the effort to preserve and share our country’s rich theatre history.
In gratitude for their support, members of THS receive the following benefits:
• A yearly subscription to the THS flagship publication, Marquee™ as well as the yearly Annual magazine (a bonus edition!)
• Member discounts on THS events around the country including Conclave Theatre Tour.
• Access to member-only section of historictheatres.org (Join online and gain instant access!)
• A 50% discount on all American Theatre Architecture Archive research fees (including research, enlargements and usage fees.)
• Discounts on popular theatre-related titles and merchandise through the THS Bookstore.
• And more! (Click below to see the full list of benefits at each membership level.)
Membership is valid for 365 days from date of payment and is open to any individual or organization. Consider joining at a higher level to support the mission of THS.
(Gift memberships are also available in all categories. To purchase a gift membership online, you must have the person’s email address.)