Become a Member
Membership dues directly support the programs of THS including support and care of our collections in the American Theatre Architecture Archive, our support of researchers and more. Every contribution to THS, no matter the size, helps us in the effort to preserve and share our country’s rich theatre history.
Support from our members helps us:
- Rehouse and catalog collections in the American Theatre Architecture Archive
- Add more records to our online catalog for public search (31,000+ records and 1,800 images have now been added!)
- Bring scholars to Elmhurst to explore in the collections with the Thomas R. Du Buque Research Fellowship
- Commission books like the upcoming Kings Theatre, The Rise, Fall and Rebirth of Brooklyn’s Wonder Theatre
- Share stories and new research in Marquee™
- Provide images to theatre preservation groups for historic nomination applications
In gratitude for their support, members of THS receive the following benefits including:
• A year subscription to our flagship publication, Marquee™ that highlights and celebrates theatre-related stories across America as well as images in our collections. (A year subscription also includes the bonus Annual magazine) [Read a preview here.]
• Member discounts on THS events around the country including Conclave Theatre Tour.
• A 50% discount on all American Theatre Architecture Archive research fees (including reproductions, research, and usage fees.)
• Discounts on popular theatre-related titles and merchandise through the THS Bookstore.
• Access to member-only section of historictheatres.org (Join online and gain instant access!)
• And more! (Click below to see the full list of benefits at each membership level.)
Membership is valid for 365 days from date of payment and is open to any individual or organization. Consider joining at a higher level to support the mission of THS.
(Gift memberships are also available in all categories. To purchase a gift membership online, you must have the person’s email address.)